Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Awards and Updates


In case you are wondering I am making progress in Grimoire and have a mere two chapters left to write - two short ones, I might add. Then I get to revise and insert and cut until it's as good as I can make it. I'm already thinking about what I want to work on next. Should I actually attempt to cut my bloated 154,000 word fantasy into something manageable? Or should I work on the sequel to Grimoire, of which I already have 30,000 words written? Hmm, I'll have to think about it - but feel free to offer an opinion :)

Meanwhile, I've been given an award, my second I'll have you know. The first was from Writer's Ally (thank you, Sheri). This one is from Huntress over at Spirit Called. It's the beautiful blogger award.


Is it not spectacular? Anyway, by accepting this fabulous award I have to share seven things about myself and pass the award on to seven other deserving bloggers. So here are seven random things you might not know about me:

1. Purple is my favorite color - but I love color combos best, like purple and lime, or pink and orange. 2. I like picking wildflowers for my kitchen in the summer. 3. I used to smoke. 4. Narsa is the name of one of my cats. 5. I still have a very worn, limp, sleeping bunny from when I was a baby. It used to have a music box inside. 6. Spanish would be my second language if I had one. 7. Did I ever mention I love summer?

And now to pass this award on...

The first blogger I would like to pass this on to is Dianne over at High Spirits I love Dianne's work and without her, Grimoire would not be as good as it is, or soon will be... Secondly I have to pass this award on to Sheri at Writer's Ally. She always writes completely and utterly from the heart. Third (and this is not in any particular order, btw) goes to Katie over at Creepy Query Girl . I love hearing her stories about being an American living in France and I'm envious; she probably speaks French very well - a language I find difficult. Fourth goes to Elizabeth at ElizabethMueller who writes great reviews, has fabulous pics, and is all about helping to promote her fellow bloggers - pretty cool. Fifth is Buffy at Buffy's Write Zone who never fails to inspire and sixth is Marisa at Elegant Bloggery because I love, loved the story about the princess not to mention all the beautiful pictures she draws.

I thought it would be hard to find seven blogs to give an award to but I realized - much to my surprise - that I had a lot more blogging friends than I thought. Which made me happy. The hard part was picking ONLY seven, because I could easily have handed out the award to a dozen or more blogs. But here's the thing, I was hoping that you, my faithful readers, might help me choose the seventh and final blogger to give this award to, someone I should be following, someone you love and find interesting, cool, outrageous, whatever.

I'll choose from all your suggestions and announce the seventh and final award winner tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Marcy, thank you! It's beautiful. So thoughtful. As far as another blogger you should follow, Whoa! I have so many. Hmm...I'll try and single out a few...not sure if you're following them already. There's D.L.Hammons over on Cruising Altitude, Beth Revis, Susan Kaye Quinn, Christina Fonseca, Candyland...

    See, I could go on. If you choose one of those, I'll send you the link! Too fun!

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy, Thanks so much for the award! I know you know I needed cheering this week.

    Who should you follow? I don't know how good I'll be at sticking links in this comment box but I suggest http://lennys-world.blogspot.com/ and http://lindagrimes.blogspot.com/ and http://christinedanek.blogspot.com/ for starters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcy! Thank you so much for thinking about me, you're so sweet! *HUGS*

    Congrats to those whom have made your award list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcy, Thanks so much for the award. You're awesome. Have a terrific Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, you are awesome! Congrats on YOUR award, and thank you for mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for this! I'm sorry it took me so long to get here! Congrats and you rock!

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.