Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

why would I want to leave home?

   Because it's an opportunity to expand my horizon beyond the narrow confines of the place I call home. As lovely as Maine is (except in winter, which I am really beginning to dislike), there's something to be said for looking up into a brilliant blue sky and re-experiencing the hot California sun. Or walking in sand that is actually almost white, fraught with sea shells you never see along the eastern seaboard, water the perfect temperature, and an exceedingly pleasant warm breeze blowing in.
   I think I would like to go to Greece for the summer and explore the islands and architecture. I want to visit the monastery at Great Lavra; it's like a little town within these huge fortified walls. I want to see Rhodes, a town that has been inhabited for over 2,400 years. I want to stay in a holiday apartment at Fiskardo on Kefallonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.