Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

fait accompli

Query - Almost Paradise:


Katherine Kennedy has it all. She’s beautiful, she’s wealthy, and she’s engaged to the perfect man. There’s just one problem. She cannot possibly marry him. Worse yet, she can’t say why. All she knows is there is suddenly nothing she wants.

Jack McCabe has little in the way of possessions, less in the way of wealth, no where to go and no one to go anywhere with. All he has is a vague sense of discontent, a restlessness that will not abate.

Both are drawn to Cristobel Island and Louis Cade, a man who offers them the unimaginable, something neither can quite believe until they actually find themselves over 100 years in the past, 1881 to be exact.

For Jack McCabe it’s the adventure he always dreamed of – until he meets a woman with deadly aim. Katherine barely makes it into town before she is mistaken for the object of Jack’s revenge. Jack is certain he has found Alanna McLeod, a beautiful but deadly train robber. Katherine can’t believe an ignorant bounty hunter has mistaken her, of all people, for a criminal – until she sees the picture, which looks exactly like her. Neither of them can imagine how the past has a way of catching up with the present.

Set in the old west of 1881, this is a tale of mistaken identity, romance, and murder.

Almost Paradise is complete at 97,000 words and would likely appeal to fans of Diana Gabaldon or The Man who Loved Cat Dancing. Additionally, I have written two fantasy novels, The Way to Dendara, and Faerie Tail. I have a BA in History from Bridgewater State College and I have been writing since grade school.

[I wish I had something more to add to the bio, an award, a name I could drop, but all I have is what I've written thus far and all the other ideas floating about in my imaginatative little brain...wish me luck.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.