Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

low tea

apparently that's what I had Saturday afternoon with my sisters and nieces. My mom sent out invitations a few weeks ago: tea party at grandma's 3pm. Girls only!

ok, my brother, Jon, was there briefly but only because he was taking a break from his cold, powerless house.

my mom had gotten out all the pretty china cups, ones with purple flowers, blue daisies, an oriental one that had feet like a cauldron. There were little sandwiches made of chicken, strawberries, grapes, and scones. A new kettle had been bought for the occasion as well as a box of English Twinnings, and a mixed box of Celestial Seasonings. Sitting in the center of the table with it's linen cloth was a small flower arrangement with cheeful yellow roses.

Is my mom cute or what?


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.