Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Flying

When I was younger I often dreamt I could fly, either just for the fun of it or to escape from danger. My brother and I sometimes compared flying notes and it turned out that while I had to flap my arms like a bird and really work at flying he could soar effortlessly. I always wondered why that was but then I quit having dreams about flying altogether and so haven't thought much about it.

Then last week I dreamt I was flying, gliding through the air as smoothly as a bird, without flapping my arms at all. And last night I dreamt I was actually floating just above the ground, moving as fast or as slow as I liked, above the business of the street which was clogged with workers and trucks and earth moving equipment.  At first I had to weave my way between them but then I rose above them and the traffic and glided away.

I wonder what it means?

5 comments:

  1. Maybe it means you are going to soar, figuratively speaking.
    "The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings." -- Sir James Matthew Barrie

    Have faith, Marcy, and you will soon soar:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice Buffy. I would go with that. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. I believe when we are asleep a part of us leaves our body. We leave so we can do our "work" with the archetypal beings.
    So, you were hangin' out with angels, see?

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool - now if I could only remember what they said while we were 'hangin,' then I'd see:)

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.