Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

first impressions


Impression, Sunrise (Impression, soleil levant) (1872).



Last week Matthew Rush posted something about paying it forward and I thought, wouldn’t it be fun to ask anyone who wanted to send me their first page and on the first of every month I’d post that page along with my suggestions/comments as to how to make it better. Then I thought – being the chicken I am – what if no one sent me anything? What if no one expressed any interest at all in my wicked good idea? So it occurred to me that if I got someone famous, someone published AND agented, I’d be sure to get lots of interest. Plus, two heads are always better than one, right?



Luckily I happen to know someone who fits that description. Dianne Salerni, author of We Hear the Dead, has agreed to partner with me on this little endeavor and hopefully between the two of us we can offer anyone who cares to participate some truly helpful suggestions on improving their work, their first impression.


So send me, or Dianne, an email with the subject line “First Impressions” and paste the first page into your email. No attachments, please. Contact me at marcy@tidewater.net

If there is enough interest this could be a monthly feature.

So, who's game?

1 comment:

  1. This is so nice! I'd be game if I wasn't so chicken to have my work posted on the Internet. (I need all the critiques I can get)

    It's so great that you and Dianne Salerni are teaming up to do the critique!

    It's just really awesome.

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.