A Child's Perception of Scientific Matters
1. H2O is hot water and CO2 is cold water.
2. To collect fumes of sulphur, hold a deacon over a flame in a test tube.
3. When you smell an odourless gas, it is probably carbon monoxide.
4. Water is composed of two gins, Oxygin and Hydrogin. Oxygin is pure gin. Hydrogin is gin and water. Ha! OXYgin. get it?
5. Three kinds of blood vessels are arteries, vanes and caterpillars.
6. Blood flows down one leg and up the other.
7. Respiration is composed of two acts, first inspiration, and then expectoration.
8. The moon is a planet, just like the Earth, only it is even deader. Yikes! Somebody lives in a dark world!
9. Artificial insemination is when the farmer does it to the cow instead of the bull. I don't even want to know how this kid knows this.
10. Mushrooms always grow in damp places, so they look like umbrellas.
I think #2 is my favorite because either the kid meant deacon, which is just plain funny, or he meant to say demon, which is even funnier.
so, how's your Monday look? No doubt I'm having as much fun as can possibly be had at my ever-so-wonderful place of employment...more on this later. Meanwhile, I'm also over at Unicorn Bell this week critiquing a few first chapters. C'mon over and check me out :)