Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Al!




I couldn't resist this one. I mean, was I not just talking about wormholes? Anyway, this one asks where - or when - would I like to go if I had one round trip ticket through the wormhole. The only requirement is to tell you in 100 words or less.

Now, I'll grant that I'm tempted to take a trip back to the past but that tends to make me a little nervous because what if I changed something and it turned out badly?  Even a trip back to talk to myself and explain a few things could have unforeseen consequences so I think I'm going to leave the past where it is, behind me. Instead, I think I'll set my sights on the future and see where we are 1000 years in the future. Have we invented faster than light travel yet? Do we have a colony on Mars? Have we conquered aging? Made clones? Traveled to far flung galaxies? Because that's what I'm most curious about, the future of us. But, I have to tell you, if it's really cool...I might not come back :)

Where/when would you go?


ps you may be wondering where everyone else's posts are for this fabulous blogfest and for a short while, so was I - until I noticed the date glaring at me from beneath Al's picture. Yep, smarty pants here thought she was all kinds of organized and screwed up big time, posting a WHOLE MONTH early. Idiot! So, for those of you reading, you just might be seeing this post again, in March. Sorry :(


13 comments:

  1. I think I'd pick the future too. I definitely would not go into the past earlier than the late 1960's because of how women were treated back then. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I always think the past would fun to visit except if you go too far no central heating or hot showers and that would be unacceptable!

      Delete
  2. I think I would go to the past and buy a winning lotto ticket. Or go further back and invest in Apple or something. How sad and selfish is it that a way to get money is my first inclination? But given all the financial escapades we've been going through recently, I'm really not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sort of in the same boat - unemployed, so that is certainly a tempting thought. Plus I could just go back to last week. Play it very safe. Good idea!

      Delete
  3. I know! I keep thinking about where I'd go in the past and all the consequences of me bumping into someone and distracting them from what they really supposed to be doing, and then the whole course of humankind will be altered, and it will all be my fault. Hmmm, sounds fun. :)

    But the future...such an unknown. That would take a huge leap of faith. But the cool inventions that might have been discovered would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. But the future...it could be so cool!

      Delete
  4. Good, because I was worried I'd missed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd rather be ten minutes early for an appointment than ten seconds late. But a whole month?

    Look at it this way, you have a post for next month already lined up *trying not to laugh...failing miserably*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er, I was going to suggest she time warp this thing or put it in one of those pneumatic tubes and send it through a wormhole to March. :P

      Delete
  6. As I already said at some other blog, I'd never go back to the past, but somewhere into the future :) And I'd probably never return, I do love me future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooops. Maybe you should just remove this post and re-publish next month. Ya know, send it a month into the future...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of that but by the time I did I already had comments so...I think we'll have a repeat next month. Oh well, in over 3 years of blogging this is only the second time I've goofed up in big and public way.

      Delete
  8. You traveled a month ahead! :) Don't worry, it's an awesome post, and you have a great point. The future sounds far brighter than the past.

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.