Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Waiting for spring

Since the last time, I have read two more books:

Book 3 in The Chronicles of St. Mary's A Second Chance - by Jodi Taylor



These books are wicked fun, with a snarky, not afraid to tell you how she feels heroine who travels through time with her fellow historians simply to observe history. Of course, it's never just observing and in this third installment, observing the fall of Troy becomes participating in its fall...

All I can say is if you like time travel, history, snappy dialogue, and things going wrong at the most inopportune time, then this series is for you. I can't wait to read the next one!

and The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown at the request of one of my nieces (she gave me Angels & Demons, too)





It's hard to judge this book as I saw the movie first, and I mostly remembered what was going to happen. I still enjoyed it though I do think it was a bit wordy.

This makes for a total of 8 books read, which is not particularly impressive.


As for Bruno, who is now six months old, here are a few pics of him enjoying the abandoned sandpit behind our house. Soon the field we walk through will be full of lupines and I cannot wait to take some photos of all that purple. Soon the lilacs will bloom and scent the air with their divine perfume. And soon the tree outside my window will open its leaves and shield my view of the neighbors somewhat trashy front lawn. But it is not this day.








He loves to run!

Meanwhile, I'm now 58K words into The Train to Somewhere, my current wip, which is 15K more than the last time. If I continue at this pace, I should have this 'finished' (hahaha) by June or July.

So, how's spring coming along where you are? Read any good books? Do tell.


16 comments:

  1. Bruno looks as if he’s enjoying life. Blessings on your WIP

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting big!
    Not a Dan Brown fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! I'm kinda hoping not too much bigger though!

      Delete
  3. I'd probably have myself a merry little fling with Hector if I was to travel back through time to Troy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the Dan Brown books back in the day. My father gave them to me. Congrats on the word count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I'm like the tortoise, ever so slowly moving toward that finish line.

      Delete
  5. books sound interesting for me...
    thank you for sharing beautiful images

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully one day it will get published and you can read it!

      Delete
  6. Oh, lupines. I'm reminded of a trip to Alaska now. I've rediscovered some romances bought a decade ago. Heh... Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lupines. So pretty. So purple!

      Delete
  7. Darn it, I still haven't read any books by Jodi Taylor. (You mentioned her books before, didn't you?) They sound like fun reads. Just the thing for a history nerd.

    Congrats on making such good progress on your WIP. Me? Slower than a snail with arthritis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that looks like a fun place to run. I've been reading e-books purchased a decade ago. Heh... Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.