Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Thought for the day

It's been a while. And it might be a little while before I post again, though probably not as long since I'm only about five chapters away from being able to say, "Finished!"

Of course, that's draft one. I was almost going to say that's the hardest part, but who am I kidding? Editing and revising can be just as hard and time consuming. But I'm not thinking about that yet. Much.

Anyway. On to the thought of the day which occurred to me this morning because it was the first quite chilly morning in a while, and when I got into the shower I thought, thank God for whoever came up with hot and cold plumbing. I mean, what is nicer than stepping into a steaming shower on a cold morning? Okay, the beach on Sanibel, but I can't have that whenever I want. I can, however, have a shower at any temperature I want and that is a very good thing.

I will leave you with some pics...





Round Pond, Maine, where I recently went to eat with my mom, most of my sisters, niece, and sister-in-law.


Two American Oystercatchers my son saw on a birding trip.

 And a Clapper Rail


 And a wicked pretty moth (butterfly?). 


Finally, there's this one, also taken by my son. I love the mist rising from the water. This will probably be my next header pic.

Stay well and be nice. There's a lot of hate out in the world these days which has been weighing me down so I'm really trying (not always successfully) to be nicer in thought and deed. Especially thought.



30 comments:

  1. Just cold water plumbing here for the time being!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in the home stretch now! Thanks for the interesting photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

      Delete
  3. Hooray for nearing the end of draft the first.
    Love the photos and am particularly taken with the birds, the flutterby and the mist over the water.
    And hooray for plumbing (and indoor toilets).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots. Looks like the perfect view for dinner. And the bird photos are amazing.
    Just a few chapters - I'm about that close as well. Go us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'll be watching for your, I'm finished!

      Delete
  5. I do love fogs and mists, we don't get them often here, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. We get them here, and they're especially pretty at first and last light.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on getting to the last five chapters of your first draft. Hope you get to the end soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making such good process with your book. I'm too busy editing for another writer to have any time working on my own book. C'est la vie. It'll happen when it happens...

    Yes! Hooray for indoor plumbing. And air conditioning. I thank God for air conditioning every day. I'm still sweating after doing my 20 minutes on the dreadmill and vacuuming the house, so when I cool down a little, that shower's gonna feel mighty fine. (I don't think I'l need to use much hot water, though.)

    Good luck with making it to the finish line. And then the fun begins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, yes, revisions...I'm going to psyche myself up for them so I love them. Or so I say...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your cool mornings. We just got warm here. But a warm shower sounds so good right about now. Sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind them too much, as long as the day gets warm.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on being nearly finished with your writing. I love the water and the moon scenes.

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a fun night with my family and the moon was beautiful :)

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous pics, Marcy! And you're right; there's far too much hate in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's definitely a butterfly - not sure of species, though. Don't think I've seen that one here.

    I love oystercatchers! They make me wish I had a bright orange bill for breaking open oyster shells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You'd have to pay me to eat an oyster!

      Delete
    2. More for me and the birdies!

      Delete
  14. I really like taking a cool shower after working outside in the heat. ~grin~ Love those photos! If I had my wish, our home would be next to some body of water. ~sigh~ Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. And you left me on a cliffhanger. How's the book?

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're in the home stretch with only 5 left. Keep it up! Draft one is a win! I'm not a fan of the editing part because I never know when to stop. LOL!

    Love the pictures. I like the one with the mist too. Very cool shot.

    Hope you're doing well Marcy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your son has your good eye. Here's to almost being done with your project.

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.