Pages

Monday, February 15, 2021

The Good Demon



I just finished this book the other day and noticed it only has 33 reviews and it deserves way more so I'm giving a shout out. If you like southern gothic horror or supernatural, paranormal, etc. I think you will like this tale.

When we first meet Clare, her demon is gone and she's in mourning, grieving its loss. Her home situation is pretty crappy. Her real dad is dead, her jerk of a stepfather is the one who called the preacher and his son in to rid her of her demon, and her mother isn't or can't be what Clare needs. But then Clare finds the clues her demon left behind. A way to get HER (as Clare calls the demon) back. And as Clare works toward this goal we learn all about how her dad died, how the demon came into Clare's life, and what Clare will or will not sacrifice to get Her back.

This was a super fun story with a very interesting demon and I almost wanted to know more about Her and her kind. Oh, and the Wish House. What a perfectly horrible awful place!

 

I put this up there with Joe Hill's NOS4A2.

23 comments:

  1. Well, it DOES sound kind of intriguing . . . a very interesting premise and perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books that offer a different take.

      Delete
  2. Not one I know (or had heard of). Thank you. Drat you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really twisting the idea of demon possession around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, which made it fun and hard to know how things were going to end!

      Delete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one. Glad you enjoyed it so much and want to learn more about the demon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget where I read about it but it intrigued me immediately and I'm glad I bought it.

      Delete
  5. Sounds very demonic LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! But fun too, and not very scary.

      Delete
  6. Wow! That's really... different. I'm not usually into horror but thanks for introducing me to this book! Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not full on horror, imo, ie, there weren't a bunch of bloody deaths, and you find out right off that the demon has been banished and Clare wants it back. The wish house was definitely a house of horrors, but the rest of the world was fairly normal.

      Delete
  7. Sounds very satisfying. Is there a sequel in the works?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. It had a fairly definitive ending, and a satisfying one, I'll add, in that it felt real.

      Delete
  8. I've been kicking around an idea about a good demon. Sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I think of good demons, I think of Supernatural, or The Good Place. It's definitely an interesting idea to play with.

      Delete
  9. This does sound interesting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your image of the lake. If possible, I would walk into that photo. :) Hope you and your loved ones are well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son took that pic and it is a good one! Thank you and we are all well here, thank God.

      Delete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.