Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Avatar

   I have to tell you, I was a little worried about all the hype this movie was getting , even before its release. Sometimes a film can never live up to such expectations. However, I am here to tell you that once again, James Cameron does not disappoint. This movie is visually stunning; whoever imagined and designed the flora for the planet deserves some kind of award. There was one plant, a fern of some sort, that rose waist high in a spiral of fronds which, upon contact, folded up and shrunk to the ground. The mossy ground reacted to each footstep with a soft glow and there was one tree, like a willow, whose drooping branches displayed long glowing tendrils which the natives, the Na'vi, could commune with through touch. And as Sigourney Weaver's character discovers, the Na'vi are in fact connected to their entire planet much as we are all connected via the internet.
   This is will probably rank with my top five favorite movies, not only for the beauty of it, but for its message. I won't say anymore, because sometimes words cannot do justice, but I do recommend you see in 3D. I think I may go back for a second viewing; it was that good.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. H and I thought it was one of the best we have seen in a LONG time, probably since LOTR. Amazing. Almost addictive huh?
    :D

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.