Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

how to write a query letter

     In as few words possible tell the agent you are querying what your novel is about in the most enticing manner possible. Include any writing credits or accomplishments as well as the particulars about your manuscript, ie, word count, genre, possible fans. Did I say enticing? Maybe I should say riveting, or provocative, or perhaps fascinating. Do you see how important word choice is? Which means you have to make every one count when you write that query because you only have 3-400. 
     Anyway, I just sent off two more and wrote down two possibles. Oh yes, and I'm petitioning MWPA to put me in charge of its blog which is just withering away for lack of an administrator. Just think what fun it would be...!

As you can see, I've been busy. Idle hands and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.