Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

networking

I have to admit this is a hard one for me. I was never a social butterfly, never had a lot of friends (honestly I felt lucky if I had one good one growing up), and I'm not a huge fan of social scenes. I'd rather just cocoon with my computer and my stories and my blog.

But it is important to put yourself out there because those other writers can help you - and me. Which is why I joined Inkwell and YALit. It puts me in contact with other people in the business and the more people I know the more people will buy my book or recommend it when it comes out.

Meanwhile, I did finally finish the boathouse scene with Louis and Arlen and am moving on to the last scene in the chapter which will bring Louis and Arlen a little closer. Did I mention she's going to my old high school, Chatham High? It's kinda fun going back. Actually, it's more fun going back as Arlen. But then, she's a witch and even if she isn't a social butterfly she's a lot more sure of herself than I ever was.

2 comments:

  1. I followed you over from inkwell--and I love the picture at the top of your blog. I spent four (college) years in Maine, and that picture made my heart ache a little. I think you're doing just great at networking. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.