Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Follow

Today I read about how to be successful as a writer, both pre and post published. If you blog you must have followers and lots of them because that's how to garner interest and sell books.

I have 11 followers and it's taken me about 9 months to get them. Some of them don't really follow, so really I probably have maybe 5 true followers. On the other hand there may be some people who follow my blog but don't officially follow, if you get my drift. I know of at least one person not listed as a follower who does occasionally read it.

The point of all this is that I see some bloggers who have a lot of followers. I have a writing friend who already has 87 followers! And she only started her blog in January, I think. I have to admit I'm a little envious. I've never been a social butterfly (sigh, poor me, and all that), and I'm not sure I want to invest the time it might take to change that. So I guess it's the slow boat to China for me but that's ok because eventually, that boat will arrive at it's destination.

And now - altho I should be surfing for potential followers - I'm going to work on Grimoire, my current work-in-progress :)

2 comments:

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.