Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Fallout

And just in case you think I do nothing but write and watch Fringe and Caprica, let me tell you about Fallout….Oh, did I forget to mention I occasionally play computer games? Not as much as I used to - since I  pretty much write in my spare time now - but sometimes, on Saturdays, I go over to my brother’s house and play Fallout, just to escape and kill bad guys.


Fallout, fyi, is made by Bethesda software, the same folks who put out Oblivion (a first person fantasy role playing game), a game I actually beat. I was pretty powerful in the end. I ran the Dark Brotherhood, headed the Thieves Guild, and could make a potion out of just about anything - just ask me about Nirnroot sometime. Fallout, however, is post apocalyptic, set in a world where it was the 1950’s one day and then BOOM! In my current game I have a fair number of weapons in my possession, a motorcycle, a cheap place in Megaton (a metal city in the wasteland), and I have just reached level 5. And I have to tell you, I love this game! I love killing mutant soldiers and bloat flies and raiders. I enjoyed fending off the Mutant attack on Big Town and rescuing their doc from what once was the Germantown Police Dept. And I can’t wait to go back to Arefu and deliver Lucy’s message – though it would be nice not to get radiation poisoning this time :)

so, what do you like to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.