Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Monstrumologist


new book #3
by Rick Yancey




I was just going to buy the two books, A Wise Man's Fear and Sapphique. But then this really nice girl at the bookstore (the one who recommended Perdido Street Station) said I had to read this. It had a "staff pick'' sticker on it.
It is 1888 and Will, a boy, is apprenticed to Pellinore, a monstrumologist - a scientist who studies, and sometimes hunts monsters. After the corpse of an Anthropophagi* attached to a dead girl is delivered to the lab, it is up to Will and Pellinore to stop the monsters before more people die. Here's a brief sample from page 3:

Chapter One ~ A Singular Curosity

   "These are the secrets I have kept. This is the trust I never betrayed."


I'm going to read this one first.


* a headless, shark-toothed biped.

3 comments:

  1. I read and love that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited, I'm starting it tonight! I peeked a little and looks gruesome!

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.