Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Almost thirty

But not quite. Still, 29 is a respectable number of books to have read in a single year. It's more than two a month. In no particular order, here are they are - all the books I read in 2011. I’ve given a star to those I thought exceptional.

1. The Lacuna/Kingsolver*
2. The Windup Girl/Bacigalupi
3. Matched/Condie
4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone/Taylor*
5. The City and The City/Mieville
6. Perdito Street Station//Mieville
7. Perilous/Heiner
8. Pandora’s Star/Hamilton
9. Judas Unchained/Hamilton
10. House of Leaves/Danielewski
11. The Marbury Lens/Smith*
12. Saphique/Fisher
13. The Magicians/Grossman
14. Lost Things/Connolly
15. The Monstrumologist/Yancey
16. A Wise Man’s Fear/Rothfuss*
17. Uglies/Westerfield
18. Thirteeen Reasons Why/Asher*
19. Contact/Sagan
20. A Clockwork Angel/Clare
21. Hold Me Closer Necromancer/McBride
22. Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1/Kinney
23. Diary of a Wimpy Kid #2/Kinney
24. Enclave/Aguire
25. Shipbreaker/ Bacigalupi*
26. Cassastar/Cavanaugh
27. The Replacement/Yovanoff
28. Please Ignore Vera Dietz/King*
29. The Patron Saint of Liars/Patchett


I think next year I'm going to try to read more.

12 comments:

  1. Wow. Lots of books!!

    Good for you! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! And that doesn't even count the manuscripts you've read -- or the multiple times you've had to read your own manuscripts.

    I thought about counting up how many I've read on my Kindle this year, just to see. I know I read more on my Kindle in one year than probably the previous two years combined ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I'll have to check out the ones I haven't already read. I LOVED Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the list. I copied it and will begin to explore it. Oh, I love to read...I wish it had calorie burning capabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's still an impressive list! I know people who can't even get through a list of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats awesome!
    not to mention all the crit reading could prob fill a couple of books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful list. I've been interested in The Marbury Lens for some time...have it on my TBR. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela, The Marbury Lens was an excellent book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo! Great list! I'm next in line at the library for Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice list! I always think about doing this, but never seem to get it done...

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.