Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

The Moon

We had a full moon the other night and I took some pics but only one came out well enough I care to share it, and even so I did add a filter to it. The view is from our yard looking across the street toward our neighbors (yes, the barking dogs neighbors).


In other news, the days are getting shorter and colder, there are no flowers except for a few stray asters here and there, and I miss summer. I have also put aside THE TRAIN TO SOMEWHERE (to rest so when I come back it will be with different eyes...I hope) and am diligently working on revisions to a previously completed tale set in an alternative timeline. I'm still enjoying Lucifer on Netflix, as well The Americans and The Good Place (highly highly recommended). Currently reading Cress by Marissa Meyer. Oh, and I finally saw Captain Marvel. Loved it. And Good Omens. Wicked fun. But then, I love almost anything Terry Pratchett.

What's new where you are? Seen any good movies lately? Watched any good shows? Read any good books?


25 comments:

  1. They are doing a Terry Pratchett TV series currently, forgot where exactly, Showtime or HBO...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to keep a lookout for that, thanks!

      Delete
  2. I got into Wynonna Earp on Netflix (from the SyFy channel). I did watch Lucifer (caught up) and The Good Place (am current). Good shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not caught up on Lucifer quite yet, but getting there. Just got caught up on Supernatural, too.

      Delete
  3. I hear you on loving Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Separately OR together.
    Love your moon shot, and have deleted multiple failed efforts myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore The Disc world series. Especially DEATH.

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed "Good Omens." Right now we're watching Michael Sheen in the miniseries "Prodigal Son." A VERY different role than Aziraphale, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks interesting. I hope it comes on Netflix!

      Delete
  5. I recently finished slouching through Barbara Tuchman’s “A Distant Mirror” (more than you’d ever want to know about the 14th Century).

    But I have seen some nice full moons lately, and the one in September, I did a six mile night paddle that was wonderful. Stay warm!

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored A Distant Mirror. I thought it was fascinating. But then...I did major in history :)

      Delete
  6. Great picture. I like Lucifer. I love The Expanse on Amazon. Season 4 is coming in December, I think. And Jack Ryan on Amazon is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check those out. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a terrific picture. Very atmospheric.

    I recently read "Still Me" by Jojo Moyes. (I think that's spelled right, and I'm too lazy to check.) Reeeally good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll have to check that book out.

      Delete
  9. We binged The Americans this summer while our daughter was away at camp. So good. Have you seen The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? You must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I've been told :)

      Delete
    2. Started The Watchmen the other night. Interesting. A bit violent for my tastes but definitely interesting.

      Delete
  10. Good Omens was fun! I am gearing up to embark upon the National Novel Writing Month challenge again. Be well and Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.