Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

mapping

Right now I am drawing the house where a party takes place in my latest tale. It is actually a house I once lived in, a big old house sitting on a bluff overlooking the water in Chatham - Cape Cod - which is where the majority of the action takes place. The story goes that the house was built in Hingham in 1638 and then moved brick by brick to its current location at the end of a private drive. In fact, I am actually using most of the houses I knew from when I lived there in this story, both houses I lived in or houses I visited, as well as the high school, which I graduated from. Google Earth kindly provided me with a map and names of all my old haunts, both those I remember fondly and those I don't. Of course, I still have to rely on my memory for the interior shots but that's ok, because I have a better memory for that sort of thing than all the names of the roads in the town I used to live in.

so that's what I'm doing on this rainy sunday, mapping the old Sayle's house and getting ready to head down to the boathouse. Simone and Dylan have tricked Arnoux into meeting them there and plan on giving him a little something to loosen his tongue so that they can find out what really happened between him and Arlen.

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but notice that The Wizard of Earthsea is not on your recommend list.
    ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what an unforgiveable lapse! I will correct immediately and THANK YOU:)

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.