So, it’s taken me this long to finally organize my revisions for Grimoire onto two 3 x 5 cards, a total of 21 things I need to add before I can consider the tale 'complete.' Then it’s back to Dianne for another read through, see if it’s wrapped tighter, prettier.
Among the items to add are these:
· introduce Joselyn, Leda, and Charity (Arlen’s servants)
· add a little luck before the unfortunate event
· explain the history behind the curse on the Howards
· show the various talents that certain people possess, like Darcy’s ability to feel the emotions of others
· have Vathek (Arlen’s imp) tell her the story of Grace, Lettie, and Yvette’s relationship
· describe in greater detail the ceremony at the end
· send Cato home? (I’m still not sure about this one)
I'd tell you all 21 but there'd be some spoilers so you'll just have to believe me when I tell you I've got some work ahead of me. I am glad I made myself a little list so I can check off each item as I accomplish it. I think it will help me feel like I’m making progress, which is a lot harder now that I’ve finished the first draft. I just have to keep telling myself it’s all going to be worth it in the end. Right? Right.
How do you get through revisions? Do you have a system or do you just wing it?