Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

the mysterious shed



This is the mysterious shed, located just down the road from me. I don't know if you can see it but someone has shoveled a narrow path through the snow. The shed is about the size of a large dog house (like for a St. Bernard or Newfie) or a small chicken coop. Local rumor has it the land belongs to CMP (Central Maine Power). Years ago my son checked it out and found a deep pit or tunnel with some sort of piping or machinery – his memory is vague now – and a single light.


A couple of weeks ago same son was walking outside at night and saw a dim light. He walked toward it, down the road in the direction of the little shed. He saw two people standing there, one with a flashlight and the other with a headlamp. They were whispering. Then my son’s phone made a noise, or vibrated and they quit talking and left fast. My son headed back toward our house.

There is a house fairly close by, but my son knows them and they claim to know nothing of the shed.

Any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Wow. That is awesomely creepy! It's too early on a Saturday for my creative juices to get flowing and come up with a good story about it, but now I've got creepy mysterious buildings on the brain. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might've originally been for a well or sewer and now hunters store their equipment there. Or they've making moonshine in the shed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigosh this is creepy, like the beginning of a Stephen King novel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, creepy indeed! Sounds like the start of a GRAND novel. I would call the city and share my concern with something so dangerous and if they could knock it down. Just to see what they say! ;)

    ♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great story to tell:)

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.