Interested in winning this book?
From Amazon: "The road to rejection is paved with bad beginnings. Agents and editors agree: Improper story beginnings are the single biggest barrier to publication. Why? If a novel or short story has a bad beginning, then no one will keep reading. It's just that simple.
In Hooked, you'll find:
- Detailed instruction on how to develop your inciting incident
- Keys for creating a cohesive story-worthy problem
- Tips on how to avoid common opening gaffes like overusing backstory
- A rundown on basics such as opening scene length and transitions
- A comprehensive analysis of more than twenty great opening lines from novels and short stories