A while back LG over at Bards and Prophets tagged me with this and then Dianne asked if I would join her in a blog hop for the same thing so, without further ado:
1. What is the working title of your book?
The Unsolved Case of Kassandra Dyer
2. Where did the idea for the novel come from?
3. What genre does your book fall under.
That is a very good question which I am still pondering. YA/NA? Just NA? Adult? It is contemporary with aspects of magic realism, but what age group to market it toward is still a big question mark in my head.
4. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
This is Kass’ story, of how she fell and where she went and what it will take to get back home – if she can. If she even wants to.
5. What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie version?
Well, I do have a pic of her but since the whole shebang about other people’s pics I don’t dare to post it. But Dakota Fanning would be a top choice even though she doesn’t look a thing like Kass, or maybe Chloe Moretz. Unfortunately, neither of them have freckles.
6. Will your novel be self-published or released through a traditional publisher?
I'm old fashioned: traditional.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
9-10 months. If I remember correctly I started it about a year ago and I am now about to query.
8. Who or what inspired you to write this novel?
See #2. Alan at Publish or Perish. His picture sparked the idea. I thought, what if someone fell - to what they thought was their death - and woke up damaged, but surprisingly alive? What would happen next?
9. What else about your book might pique reader's interest?
Some of it is true.
10. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Well, there is one book I can think of but I'm ashamed to say I can't remember the name or author.
Additionally, the following people are also participating in this hop so go check out what their next big thing is and have an awesome Wednesday!