Pages

Friday, July 3, 2015

An Award and News from the Trenches...




The Armchair Squid Nominated me for this sweet award 




The rules:

1. Thank and post the link of the person who nominated you.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
3. Nominate 10-20 blogs and notify them.
4. Pass on the rules.


Thank-you Squid! And if you don't know the Armchair Squid, he has a great blog and runs the Cephalopod Coffeehouse at the end of every month in which we share the books we've read.

Five Facts:

1. I love looking at the real estate section - always have, ever since I was kid. I get my fix through the NYT Real Estate section and Julia at Hooked on Houses.
2. I also love my dog, Jonah, even though he does naughty things sometimes.

3. I find shelling extremely relaxing - especially on Sanibel Island, one of my most favorite vacation spots.
4. I think History is pretty neat.
5. Oh, yeah, I wrote a book! West of Paradise :)



My nominations - and for those listed, please feel free to accept or decline as time and/or interest permits!

1. Krystalyn Drown @See the Stars
2. Ivy @The Happy Whisk
3. Liz @ Laws of Gravity
4. Liza @ Middle Passages
5. Huntress @ Spirit Called



And whoever else would like a pretty award to hang on their wall!

Lastly, News from the Trenches:

If you've been following my progress with GRIMOIRE you'll see I'm around 94% complete - only two chapters left...

Have a wicked good weekend, and for my fellow US residents, Happy Fourth and have fun!

http://www.afsl.org/



10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Sanibel Island is really nice. We saw dolphins there.
    Awesome on the writing progress.
    Have a great Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shelling too. Haven't been to Sanibel Island but I've heard lovely things about it.
    Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on the writing front. Congratulations on it and the award- and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, do tell! What has Jonah done?

    Thanks for the award. Will have to take care of that next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being almost done with GRIMOIRE!! Yay for the award - I loved hearing the little details about your life. I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to thank all the little people for this award...oh, wait. That's my acceptance speech for the Oscars.

    Thank you Marcy. Your writing talent leaves me in the dust, and I am honored to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making such terrific progress with your new book! That's awesome.

    I like looking at the real estate stuff in the paper, too. Even more, though, I LOVE walking through new homes in all stages of the building process. It's fun to imagine living in those homes, but I have zero interest in actually moving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i went back a few posts since i shamefully dont get over here enough! love the pawn shop post! we love those shows and it's cool to know they are actually fun and interesting to work at! (pardon my grammar) and i loved your review of eleanor and park, always heard it was a good read, but now sounds even better!

    congrats on the award!
    shelling sounds heavenly right now... i need a vacay...
    happy july!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marcy. My blog has been on auto-pilot for the last few days, and what a fun award to come back to. Thanks bunches and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.