Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Since I've been gone...

A lot has happened since I last posted. I had to make an unexpected trip to Florida to help my mom (who has NO WiFi!!!) who had surgery. It was very good to see her though I wish it had been under better circumstances. Usually we go out and do stuff and I take lots of pics. But there wasn't much of that since she wasn't up to it. I did however manage to take two pics I will share.

I saw this guy on one of my mom's plants. He was LARGE. Way bigger than the grasshoppers we have in Maine. She wanted me to kill it because he would eat an entire plant in no time. I couldn't. I did have a talk with him and didn't see him again.


 This is a wild flower growing on my mom's porch. We tried to identify it but couldn't. Anyone out there know what this flower is?

I also saw a rainbow on my way back from seeing Blade Runner 2049 a few weeks previous.





 Blade Runner was awesome, by the way, and I highly recommend it though you do really need to see the first one.

Finally, I completed this, a 'copy' of a work done by Edward Gorey.  


It took me a while but I'm fairly pleased with the way it came out.

The weather is still nice here, thankfully, though very very dry. We've had almost no rain in months it seems. It rained more in Florida in the week I was there so I have to hope we'll get some soon though it will be dreary.

Still working on my new WIP, 23K, and I read three books, one of which I will be telling you about on Friday for the Cephalopod Coffeehouse.

Now, tell me what's up with you. Something interesting must've happened in the last few weeks.








23 comments:

  1. I had to go help my mom in Florida this summer. No WiFi either. I'm still busy helping her and planning her move to independent living here in the spring.

    Love your pictures. I absolutely love rainbows so those are my favories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get my mom to move closer but the cold kills her.

      Delete
  2. Nice drawing!
    Sorry your visit wasn't for fun, but I'm sure your mother appreciated your presence.
    And yes, Blade Runner 2049 was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, my mom was very happy I could come.

      Delete
  3. Ugh. I hate those giant grasshoppers. They wander through my yard on occasion, and they're just so creepy.

    I hope your mom's doing better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he was pretty damn big and thanks, my mom is doing better :)

      Delete
  4. I hope your mother is much, much better.
    Always love a rainbow. I can remember driving through a grasshopper plague. Not fun. And they can indeed do a lot of damage. In a surprisingly short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my mom said but I just couldn't do it.

      That rainbow was pretty fabulous.

      Delete
  5. Giant grasshoppers are undoubtedly easier to appreciate in someone else's garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely appreciated him for his size - hence the pic - but he creeped me out a bit too. Pl,us the grasshoppers in Maine are nice!

      Delete
  6. No WiFi?!? How did you survive?

    That was one huge grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough with no wifi, but I could still write and I brought books :)

      Delete
  7. Glad you could be there for your mother. I could have done away with the grasshopper, evil destructive creature! Lovely rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I know, right? I didn't get too close.

      Delete
  9. I hope your mom's recovering well. Ack at the giant grasshopper. I saw quite a few around here this year, but they were small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have small ones around here, too, nothing like that monster. But he was cool.

      Delete
  10. I don't know what the flower is, but it's very pretty. I hope you mother is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear your mother is doing better, hope she was fine in all of the storms last summer. Lovely art work! And lovely photos, capturing lovely moments. Good luck with the current book!
    I'm off to the biggest bookfair in this part of Europe to meet with my publishers and get paid :) Hope I survive the crowd of 100,000 people!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to know you're okay. And your mother. I've been concerned. ~hugs~ We enjoyed the movie, too, though the first "Blade Runner" is closer to my heart. I'm reading "Love with a Chance of Drowning" and enjoying the tale about a young woman taking a leap of faith. Next up is a biography about Pantera.

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.