Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Sunday pics

 The view outside my window this Sunday morning

My lovely tree is about to bloom which will hide the view of the neighbors across the street and give me a million green leaves instead.

Kitten (we will not discuss his stupid name) at the ripe old age of 14, handsome as ever

Sven and his new buddy, Orion


Sven (8mo.) and his other buddy, Bruno


In other news I'm about three chapters away from finishing my current WIP and I've read 12 books thus far this year. I am currently enjoying Wyntertide by Andrew Caldecott, the second book in a series series that began with Rotherweird and ends with Lost Acre. I will also mention City of Ghosts and Girl A, both of which I ripped through and recommend - City of Ghosts if you like ghosts, and Girl A if you like psychological dramas.

Also still enjoying Avatar and came to a realization in the shower the other day (where many great realizations take place) that the group is going to need Zuko because he completes them. Ang is air, Kitara is water, Tof is earth, and Zuko is fire. Without him they are incomplete and cannot hope to succeed in uniting the four nations.

Yes. These are the things I think of while I'm in the shower. 

I got my second vaccination (no side effects other than a sore arm both times) and come Tuesday will be considered "fully immunized." Hallelujah! Looking forward to visiting my mom in Florida even though it will likely be sweltering hot by the time I go (June). Nevertheless, I can't wait to hang out with my mom whom I haven't seen in over a year!

Finally, the weather is getting warmer, and I'm starting to clean out my gardens. The front garden is half done. I'll need to decide what to plant alongside the perennials. Last year's plants didn't do so well thanks to a late frost so I'm not in any hurry. I would like to try Zinnias again but only if they'll grow like this (as opposed to the sad things I had last year).

Benary's Giant Zinnia, cut flower garden - Victoria Elizabeth Barnes



Hope everyone has a wonderful week!


20 comments:

  1. Love your moggies. I would like to have more but Jazz is elderly, not well, and extremely territorial.
    I hope you can go and see your mama, and that your garden grows bounteously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitten is quite well and lived with other cats previously. I hope my garden grows bountifully as well!

      Delete
  2. Such gorgeous cats! I think mine is pregnant currently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of furry friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't all mine! I live with my sister and Orion is her cat. I have 2 cats and Bruno. Admittedly, there ARE a lot of furry people in the house!

      Delete
  4. Yay on the second shot. It'll be nice to travel again, even if it is to Florida in June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your critters are lovely. Good for you with the writing and the reading.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute animals! I got to get my garden in this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to clean out my garden this week! Let's hope we both succeed in our tasks :)

      Delete
  7. Love the photos of Kitten-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, Sven, Orion and Bruno!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually Kitten is his name, it's just really lame and spectacularly unimaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you're doing well and have a new post. :) You have a lovely furry family. I'm sorry about all that construction. Best wishes on a successful gardening season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I do have a successful garden, I'll try to post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love zinnias. They're so bright and fun. I plant them even though I don't get enough sun. I stick them in and among the rest of the garden and the ones that take bring pops of color. Hooray on your second shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if zinnias bloom well, they are gorgeous! Very glad to be vaccinated :)

      Delete
  12. Glad you're okay! You hadn't posted in a while. Congrats on surviving the second dose! I felt blah for a day and a half, and my arm hurt for three days. Glad you can go visit your mom now, even if Florida will be hot. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My second dose as no worse than the first, and I am very much looking forward to visiting my mom:)

      Delete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.