Wednesday, January 26, 2011

namesake

ah yes, my latest work in progress. I’m not sure if I’m making progress. I started with 30,000 words, all written last year around this time and abandoned in favor of Grimoire. Now I have 27,600, I cut an entire chapter, and I made chapter two chapter one instead. Basically, all I’ve done is revise.

This stemmed from a writing session in which I gave myself a brief history lesson on what’s happened between Grimoire and namesake, who’s who now, and what exactly does everyone want. I also made Louis’ arrival a surprise rather than expected and I completely cut the chapter on the bad guys. It just felt like I needed to be clearer (with myself) about the story before moving forward.

Meanwhile, I finished Perilous and overall, I liked it. But I sure hope there’s a sequel because it felt unresolved to me, like maybe there should be one more chapter to wrap things up. I did stay up too late reading it Sunday, ‘til after midnight! But I just had to…

3 comments:

  1. You're definitely making progress. Anytime you work on the story, even if you're cutting, you are making progress. So congrats! And keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like GREAT progress to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

    Obat Penyakit Asma Untuk Anak
    Pengobatan Asma Secara Alami
    Obat Sakit Tenggorokan
    Terapi Penghilang Penyakit Asma
    Obat Penghilang Insomnia Alami

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.