Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday Pics - The Pawn Shop

As you might expect, the pawn shop where I work is always changing. Stuff comes in...stuff goes out. Recently, we acquired this photo of the Statue of Liberty while she was being built in France, which is pretty cool.

And this...I'm not sure what to call her except that supposedly her name is Zelda.

This boat is pretty neat, but hard to clean, as I can attest to having been given the task of dusting her out.

One of my favorite things to do is to arrange things as illustrated by this display...

I especially like what I did with the top shelf.

But by far the best thing that's come into the shop lately has been this guy

His name is Skippy and he's a chug (chihuahua/pug) and the cutest damn thing ever. This is him with his bunny...






As you can imagine, work has been very difficult lately.


18 comments:

  1. Zelda sure is ugly, and so are the alligator heads, the new nightguard is cute, though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skippy's a cutie. Great name, too.

    Love that Paris photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a cool photo?! And omg yes, Skippy is cute as hell.

      Delete
  3. Great photos! What a doll of a pup, too. Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puppies are always good for some smiles, and he makes me laugh a lot!

      Delete
  4. Skippy? Always makes me think of a television program of that name about a 'bush kangaroo'. Skippy's namesake is a total cutie.
    Dolls, like clowns, frequently weird me out. Dolls called Zelda invariably weird me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm with you on Zelda. She was in the same room as me but we moved her to the showroom - thankfully. Skippy is a dear.

      Delete
  5. That is the most adorable puppy I've ever seen. I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I was a refurbishing type of person, remaking that boat into a desk would be so cool (and possibly offend the boat immensely as I do know it's meant to be on the water!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a model someone made, about two feet long, and it does actually have a motor so could conceivably float. We haven't tested it...

      Delete
  7. You get some pretty cool stuff in there. It must make you job rather interesting. Of all the cool stuff, the coolest has to be that puppy, though. He's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get a ton of cool stuff, but yes, Skippy is definitely the cutest :)

      Delete
  8. Did somebody pawn Skippy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol No, but my boss did get him in exchange for a canoe!

      Delete
    2. Ohhh, how does someone give their puppy away for a canoe? Or, did they have a few of them? Either way, Skippy is beyond cute.

      Delete
    3. They had five puppies to find homes for. And he is beyond cute.

      Delete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.