Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sunday pics - end of summer

I am always surprised by how quickly summer passes. Always. One minute it's summer, the next fall is rolling in. I can see it in the leaves changing their colors, the way the green is faded, and the back to school signs.  Pretty soon it will be pumpkinfest again and this year I hope to NOT be a slacker and get some pics. For today it's a mish-mash of everything I've noticed lately.

 This house is on my way to work. It was empty for a while, then someone started working on it. Fixed up the yard, and totally gutted the inside. I know this because at one point the entire front of the house was open.
They also built this little addition - a mudroom I presume.
This awesome sunflower is growing in the gravel driveway at the pawn shop where I work.
These adorn the front entrance.
Along with these cleomes (Aren't they pretty?!)
and these whatever they are
 Inside the shop, these two retro lamps which are kinda neat

And a little more progress made on the house (I don't know why I find this interesting but I do)
What's left of the wildflowers in our yard
A spiky black-eyed-susan
These pine cones are everywhere in the woods just beyond the house. I can hear them dropping through the branches from the porch.
Coming out of the woods. If you look you can see all those green pine cones hanging from the upper branches of the evergreens.
I believe this is Queen Anne's Lace before it pops
Chickens!
 And yes, we do have the lone rooster. He's rather handsome, no?
Plants on the porch, some of which will have to come inside soon
And a succulent

My week in pictures!

24 comments:

  1. Seems like a lot of work on such a small house. My brother recently did that, but it was on a six thousand square foot house. (Yeah, I'm not the one who figured out how to make the big bucks.)
    Really nice photos - perfect for a Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a small house, but it's cute and have a feeling it's going to look nice when it's done. Wish I could see the interior renovations, too!

      Delete
  2. Our leaves are starting to turn, too. It feels early but I think I say that every year. When do you hit peak colors? For us, it's usually around the second week of October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mid-October sounds about right. I think it feels early because it's still summer dammit!

      Delete
  3. It's good to renovate an old house instead of knocking it down or letting it fall down. I don't think of summer ending until it cools off a bit during October. September is usually very hot for us.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September can be hot here, too, but we've had a cooler than normal summer so I'm not holding out much hope.

      Delete
  4. Love your mish-mash.
    The little things are always huge in my world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love finding beauty in the small things, things that might otherwise go unnoticed - like the spiky black-eyed-susan.

      Delete
  5. Loved your pictures, especially the cleomes. I have some pretty ones too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cleomes, too, especially because they'll keep blooming until we get a frost.

      Delete
  6. It is fascinating to watch a house being built (or rebuilt).

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of work going into that house. I love the flower pix and I can't believe we're closing in on fall too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that horse object is lovely whatever it is! I do love animal shaped objects especially figurines of horses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's an old hitching post.

      Delete
  9. The flowers in late summer in most places in the US are wonderful (but here, where summer never ends as we only dropped below freezing twice last year, we have flowers year around and it's somewhat boring)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine ever being bored by flowers, lol!

      Delete
  10. Great photos! Thank you for sharing. I would find those renovations very fascinating, and heartwarming. As picturesque as I sometimes find dilapidated buildings, a place getting a new lease on 'life' is great to see. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing an old neglected house get a new life!

      Delete
  11. I wonder if they'll let you take peek when it's nearing completion? Like you, I'd want to see it!

    Does the handsome rooster have a name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about asking...
      As for Mr. Rooster, his official name is King Charles, and he IS handsome, isn't he?

      Delete
  12. I love your week in pictures. The daisy and sunflowers are gorgeous! My neighbor has chickens and had a rooster, but he died a year ago or so. Very sad. There are two chickens now and the kids and I call them 'Ladies." So cute. They are red-feathered, smart and a hoot to watch. We love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chickens make me smile, especially when I go to bring them something. They all gather around, knowing I'm going to toss something yummy into their pen.

      Delete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.