Pages

Monday, September 25, 2017

Viles Arboretum

Viles Arboretum is a 224 acre botanical garden and arboretum located in Augusta, Maine, with 5 miles of trails, open year round without charge. The plant collection contains over 300 species or varieties of trees and shrubs.

My son and his gf and I went there yesterday for our Sunday walk. Here a few pics...







I saw signs for a lilac garden and flowering trees which makes me want to go back next year when more things will be in bloom. Meanwhile, I've tallied up 17k on my new WIP, averaging 2,800 words a week, which is pretty good for me. Currently reading The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden.

What's new with you?

ps almost forgot a house update...


It's looking good, no?

16 comments:

  1. House looks much better now.
    Dig the sunflower shot. That's a lot of acres to explore.
    And awesome on the word count!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? And yes, pretty psyched about the word count :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an awesome place to walk. And what a great tradition to take a walk with your son and his girlfriend on Sundays.

    That's great that you are making so much progress on your manuscript. I'm actually writing some new words though not as many as you per week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great tradition and my son always finds places I've never heard about, like Viles.

      Delete
  3. I would love to have a place like that to walk. And the house is looking really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have tons of places to walk around here, and many that are on one of the rivers or the ocean. Definitely cool.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations. Your WIP IS progressing.
    Love the arboretum and would happily wander through it - at any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love some of the walking trails we have here :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful walk. There must be such pretty walks where you live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there are. It's especially fun to find new ones.

      Delete
  6. We go to our local arboretum once a year. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have to go back next earlier summer.

      Delete
  7. So much green! I suppose we should enjoy it while it lasts. Done with this heat, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take the green and the heat. Not a fan of winter and cold. Brr!

      Delete
  8. It looks like a great place do to some exploring! Very nice photos also...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for.
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.