Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

It's good to be back...in Skyrim

Some of you might remember me posting about my adventures in Skyrim (the most awesome game ever courtesy of Bethesda Game Studios who also brought us the other Elder Scroll games as well as Fallout). I had gained the title of Archmage of Winterhold, possessed the Guldar Amulet, and attained level 24. That was when I used to go over my brother's house and play. But. He kept modding (mods/modifications are programs fans of the game make which add content to the game like livelier inns, additional companions, prettier towns, etc), forcing me to start over numerous times and eventually I gave up.

Fast forward to last summer when I finally bought an Alienware Laptop capable of playing Skyrim and then ahead to a week ago when said brother helped me finish installing the mods I wanted for my game. That was last Saturday and to show you just how beautiful Skyrim is modded out a bit (and I do mean a bit; my brother has a ridiculous number of mods on his game), I took some screen shots to share. You can click on them to get the full effect.


This is Whiterun at night, often the second large town you come to. My house is just up the street...


This is Breezehome. The place cost 5000 gold pieces and the furnishings are extra. I had to kill a lot of bandits to get the place looking so nice ; )


Bleak Falls Barrow in the distance.This is one of the first quests you get, and let me tell you it's cold up there. You can freeze before you arrive, especially if you have the Frostfall mod. Thankfully, I also have the Campfire mod.


A view from the road outside Riverwood (which I often want to call Rivendell even though the two places look nothing alike).


Approaching Riverwood late in the day.


And finally, the bridge at Riverwood, watching the sun come up. Yes. I do that.

As of last night, I've reached level 10 and just enrolled in the college at Winterhold. I have a companion, Lydia, given to me by the Jarl of Whiterun after I helped kill a dragon, I've met with the Greybeards (another cold place), been attacked by Cultists, and got my ass kicked by a Hagraven. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I've been having, and how good it is, to be back, in Skyrim.

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty game. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now you are set and won't have to keep starting over.
    Alienware makes damn good computers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very happy with it, and Skyrim :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you're having a lot of fun with it, and that's cool. The computer gaming stuff is over my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skyrim is like being the mc of a fantasy story and your choices in the game drive the story. And there's dragons...

      Delete
  5. I have never been a gamer but am so happy for you. ~hugs~ Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really either, but this game is pretty amazing.

      Delete
    2. Interesting! That makes sense now that I think back to your brother helping set things up. So glad he did that for you.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! Have you ever tried Myst? I've only ever tried the first two but they are similarly beautiful. They must be several sequels in at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The game looks gorgeous. I've played a little Skyrim, but for some reason, my brain fatigues easily with video games. I do appreciate all those screen shots. So beautiful. I also like the home that you've created from the money you've earned killing bandits. It looks very welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The graphics look excellent. I haven't played a serious video game in years. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting, but I have yet to play such a game!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on getting to level ten. I'm a word game nut, but haven't really tried any other kinds of games.

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.