Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2019

7 Days to Die, Puppy Update, Birds, and All the Light We Cannot See

My apologies for not returning sooner with the promised review. I have been horribly busy juggling a number of demands on my attention. One is a new game my brother introduced me to.


It's wicked fun. Not only are there zombies, but you have to build yourself a safe place and collect useful items like food so you won't starve, wood and stone to build tools, and anything else to help you survive the 7th night when the horde comes. If you make it through that, then on the 14th day, there will be more...As usual I've died a lot.

You can also play on line with friends (I play with my brother) and partner up, which makes things a lot easier - especially when your brother is an experienced zombie killer :)

Attention grabber number two is my current wip, which I've been making steady progress on (27K) and of course there's the puppy, who is pretty irresistible...




He can hop into that chair all by himself now.

As for my thoughts on All the Light We Cannot See...


This book takes place during WWII and is told from alternating view points. One is Marie-Laure, a blind girl who sees more without her eyes than many people see with. The other is Wernor, a boy with a talent for electronics, specifically radios, who soon becomes part of the Nazi war machine. I think the title sums up beautifully what the book is about, because there IS a great deal of light in this world many of us don't see, either because we can't, won't, or, it isn't visible to us. I think this is   which is one of the most beautifully written books I've had the pleasure to read. The way Marie-Laure sees things is so artfully described and Werner, this boy who really has no interest in politics, who isn't bad at heart, gets dragged into the war because of his obsession with radios. I can't help but feel a little sorry for him even though he ignores so much because of his love of radios. How the two are connected I won't reveal but do read the book. I recommend it.

And finally, a couple of pics taken my son the birder.







29 comments:

  1. That last photo could be on a card. The owl is really great as well.
    Pup is looking cuter by the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son definitely takes some great pics :)

      Delete
  2. Your son's bird photos are great! And that book sounds good -- I've added it to my "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son could have a future as a National Geographic photographer. Great pictures!

    That book sounds fantastic, too. I reckon I'll have to mosey on over to Amazon and see how much it costs... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy wouldn't he love that! Hope you enjoy the book :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE your son's photos. And the very, very cute Pup.
    That book has been on my list for ages. I must pick it up - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when he sends them to me! I'd love to know what you thought of the book when you read it :)

      Delete
  5. Glad to read your review. Now I will read All the Light We Cannot See...still sitting on my bookshelf. Love the bird shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my son does take some great pics :)

      Delete
  6. I like the sound of that game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your banner is STUNNNNNIINNNGG. Wow, wow.

    Love the pup update. How cute! 7 Days to Die is a game that Tim plays as well.

    Wishing you a great week ahead with a lot of boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And oh yeah, Bruno is a wicked cutie :)

      Delete
  8. That's awesome that your brother and you play a game together. My boyfriend loves to play games on the computer. I'm getting addicted to a word game on my phone. And love the updates on your cute puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love computer games...well, some of them. I am also admittedly a scrabble addict.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a barred owl like yours in our yard. I wish sex were easier to determine. I generally refer to it as "she" but who knows. She likes hanging out near our feeders for obvious reasons. Everyone's gotta eat...

    What's nice about barred owls for a birder is that, unlike the larger, apex predator Great Horned Owl, they can be seen during the day. Not that she's not busy at night. We often hear her after dark, usually from ground level which suggests a kill to me. In the spring/summer, we hear owlets. That's my favorite part.

    I love owls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owls are adorable and beautiful. And yes, everyone's gotta eat. That owl was at my son's my place. He has a feeder...

      Delete
    2. She stays in the tree during the day. I think she waits for the mice who venture forth at night. Fine by us!

      Delete
  11. methinks that pup needs a cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruno has 2 cats, Miss Mel and Kitten, who is not a kitten anymore, but is still just as cute as one :)

      Delete
  12. That book is the most beautiful book I've ever read! It affected me so deeply, as soon as I finished, I went back to the first page and started over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was exceptionally beautiful as well.

      Delete
  13. The birds look cold.

    Sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These pictures look amazing!

    www.ficklemillennial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute puppy.
    Owls did come to my backyard several years ago. They never come recently.
    The book sounds good. I should read it.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had an owl in my yard. That owl was in my son's yard. The book is wonderful :)

      Delete
  16. That sounds like a book I should read. The world seems so dark right now. Be well!

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.