Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Good Place and 7DTD

As usual, I come late to shows (if at all) but I have to tell you about The Good Place, a half hour comedy available on netflix, which I've been watching all week.
Image result for the good place

The Good Place begins with Eleanor (Kristin Bell) who, thanks to some kind of error, is sent to the Good Place instead of the Bad Place, which is definitely where she belongs. She discovers this as Michael (Ted Dansen), the Architect of the Good Place, goes over all the wonderful things some other Eleanor did when she was alive. Now Eleanor has to figure out how to stay in The Good Place without being discovered...

I cannot begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying this show. Each episode is only 21 minutes, making it easy to watch one, two, or three, at a time. It's also hilarious. Ted Dansen is super funny as the Architect ("Any place or thing can be up to 104% perfect. That's how you got Beyonce.") and Janet as the all knowing assistant is the best. She can't eat so she just presses food against her mouth in imitation. And, of course, it's about much more than Eleanor trying to not get found out and sent to The Bad Place.

Have you seen this show? Oh, and please no spoilers since I'm only on the first season. Happily there are two more :)

Meanwhile, in the world of 7 Days to Die, a computer game in which you must gather supplies, built a shelter, and withstand the horde, I am still having a ton of fun. I found a really cool garage with a second floor apartment that I've fixed up, and the place is missing the bottom few stairs so the zombies can't get up (yet). I'm still playing on the easiest setting and I've died enough that I get sarcastic remarks upon reset ("You barely made it - again.") but I don't care. It's fun!!!

Finally, I am reading (ever so slowly) Spare and Found Parts by Sarah Maria Griffin.
Image result for spare and found parts

What have you been doing?

29 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about The Good Place but haven't seen it. Good to know it's on Netflix for easy viewing. At the moment, I'm reading "Barkskins" by Annie Proulx. It's one of those vast, sweeping historical sagas. It's so big and I'm reading so slowly that it might turn out to be my one and only book read in 2019. Oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel too bad about the reading, the above is only my second of the year...

      Delete
  2. Haven't had a chance to watch The Good Place so I won't spoil it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea Ted Danson was doing a series again. I've always adored him. Pretty much all my free time has been spent working on my story from November's National Novel Writing Month. It's so fun finding gold nuggets in my word salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched much tv lately either, also being hard at work on a new project, but my sister turned my on to it and each episode is sooo short...

      Delete
  4. I have wanted to see this show but I my dislike of Ted Danson has stopped me so far. The premise is so interesting.
    Must look up the book, love the cover art.
    Since my brain injury I can not seem to concentrate to read more than a few pages if at all. I used to read three books at once now it is zero. Even the computer is hard. Oh boo hoo me!
    I am reading Dog Songs right now, small poems.

    cheers, parsnip


    TV is hard also. bummer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A half hour show might be perfect, even if it does have Ted Danson...and the premise is not only awesome, but, imo, awesomely done. Those writers have my admiration.

      Delete
  5. I do want to see THe Good Place, heard good things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading, gardening, sweating...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the sweating part. Only another month 'til autumn, right? And we get spring...Yay!

      Delete
  7. The good place does sound good!

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Good Place has been renewed for a fourth season, so you have even more to look forward to. I'd link to the article announcing the new season, but it has spoilers, so...

    Yeah, it's a fun show. And if you like the first season, the second season... Well, let's just say it goes in some interesting directions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love The Good Place. We've also been watching Cheers together as a family so our daughter is getting the full Ted Danson experience - television giant and yet still somehow underappreciated. It's a tough gig playing the straight man for most of your career and he is one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that one about Beyonce is supposed to be funny? :) Can't imagine anyone less perfect than that racists married to a convicted criminal :)
    I've never watched Good Place as I don't do single camera sitcoms, only multi camera ones, but I might try it out after you review. I do love comedy actors from the 80s. I was ever so happy to see the return of Judd Hirsch in Superior Donuts, but that one got cancelled last year :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very funny, and spiritual but no preachy

      Delete
  11. We started out liking "The Good Place" when it first came on, but it didn't keep our interest. It got a little too weird for us, but I hope you continue to enjoy it. Lots of other people do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's weird alright! But I kinda like weird :)

      Delete
  12. I haven't watched "The Good Place" yet, but I'll check it out. Just this week, I've been watching the new Netflix series "The Umbrella Academy" about a "Super. Dysfunctional. Family." - their description, not mine, but it fits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the pictures on Netflix but haven't watched the trailer. Too many shows and not enough time!

      Delete
  13. I've only watched the first episode so I can't possibly spoil it for you! It was funny, but I'm not sure I'll continue. I'm enjoying Project Blue Book on the History channel. And I finally managed to finish reading BRIDGE OF CLAY by Markus Zusak (author of THE BOOK THIEF, one of my all-time favorites). Like your friend angryparsnip I can't read as much since my brain aneurysm rupture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks you can't read as much. I really am enjoying the Good Place. I'll have to check Bridge of Clay as I loved The Book Thief!

      Delete
  14. I haven't watched that one yet, but it sounds like fun! I'll have to check it out :)
    I've been enjoying Grace & Frankie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very fun. I've not yet seen Grace and Frankie but I heard it was good.

      Delete
  15. I haven't yet watched The Good Place yet, although I visited the set where the show is shot at Universal Studios. It seems like a good show, thank you for sharing!

    www.ficklemillennial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.