Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

IWSG April Covid-19 Edition



https://www.insecurewriterssupportgroup.com/
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
April 1 question - The IWSG’s focus is on our writers. Each month, from all over the globe, we are a united group sharing our insecurities, our troubles, and our pain. So, in this time when our world is in crisis with the covid-19 pandemic, our optional question this month is: how are things in your world? 
 
The awesome co-hosts for the April 1 posting of the IWSG are Diane Burton, JH Moncrieff, Anna @ Emaginette, Karen @ Reprobate Typewriter, Erika Beebe, and Lisa Buie-Collard! 






Well, I pretty much covered how things were in my world last week. Not much has changed except I did find kitty litter. But sadly, no tp :(


I am glad I live in a rural area. It doesn’t make me invulnerable but maybe a little safer. I hope. As of yesterday, there were 253 cases in Maine, and 4 in the county I live in.

In other news, it is miserable and cold and rainy as I write this, and we had hail yesterday afternoon. This is the view from my room.



Ugh. I am also working on something new, tentatively titled, THE READING ROOM, and still reading The Vine Witch by Luanne G. Smith

I finished October Faction, which I really enjoyed, watched the new first episode of Westworld, another episode of The Americans, and am loving Picard.💗 Thanks to a promo I saw on FB I have a free month of CBC All Access and I’m pretty sure that will give me enough time to see Picard through to the end of the first season.

Did I mention panicking? Not full-blown can’t breathe OMG panic, but just these little moments that freeze me in time. Is my throat sore? Why am I suddenly warm? I’m never warm. I’m getting sick. I’m going to die and take my entire household with me…Then the other part of me kicks and says in a quiet soothing voice, no, no, it’s okay. You’re imagining the sore throat. See? And you’ve got your little heater a foot away, a down vest and scarf on, so of course you’re warm. Take a deep breath and go look at some cute animals to calm down.



There, isn’t that better?

36 comments:

  1. Don't panic. Deep breaths.
    And eventually you'll find toilet paper again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good, my sister found some for me :)

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to find energy for Westworld, but the second season was so dreary I just don't have the strength currently. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a hard show to watch sometimes but I like that I don't know where it's going. You stay safe, too, Dez!

      Delete
  3. I just finished watching "Star Trek: Picard" -- it's great! Enjoyed it very much. There's only 10 episodes too, so you should be able to see it all quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the weather here has been insanely weird. One day we get a ton of snow - WHY?!!! - and the next it's 50 degrees. It makes what's going on feel even more unstable. I'm so sorry about your TP issue. What is with the TP thing? I just don't get it.

    Is this your pooch? So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my Bruno, he's a little over a year now :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad your sister found some t.p. for you. Now all is right with the world.

    Here, pollen season is in high gear, so lots of people are getting more anxious than usual at their scratchy throats, sneezing, coughing, etc. The number of COVID-19 cases here continues to soar, along with the number of deaths, so add that to the annual Assault of the Monster Pollen, and I'm sure a lot of people are frantically taking their temperatures. Scary times, but this, too, shall pass. And we have such cute pets to help see us through. Bruno is gorgeous. And a tad mischievous, too, I'll bet. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I never even thought of pollen! Ugh! Insult to injury!

      You take care as well.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad someone found TP for you.
    I have seasonal allergies, so that, plus the panic = not good moments. I use essential oils (peppermint, lemon, lime - not cbd) in a diffuser and those help with breathing. The emotional stuff - well, my journal is getting really full because I've been going there to vent. :)
    I'm enjoying Picard, too, these days. We also signed up for the free month.
    I hope you keep finding ways to hope and stay calm. More pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving Picard and I'll try to post more happy pics :)

      Delete
  7. Are you enjoying The Vine Witch? It's on my TBR list.

    My family in Maine was complaining about the most recent snow they had, and I was so confused until I remembered that it was March, and they were in Maine. I really need to move back there.

    Glad you managed to find some kitty litter and TP. Thanks for sharing a picture of your puppy. I always love to see people's cute pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very much enjoying The Vine Witch and recommend it even though I haven't finished it yet. Yes, we got snow, but it's gone now. I'll try to catch more pics of Bruno being cute and handsome :)

      Delete
  8. Glad someone found some TP for you. I'm going to have to go on a similar quest soon, and I'm sort of dreading it. Glad you have such a Good Boy to keep your spirits up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who knew just how valuable toilet paper and kitty litter would become.
    I have a cough and a cold (and have done for over six weeks). I am resigned to it (mostly) but when people hear me cough (almost always over the phone) I sense them moving away. Quickly.
    Stay well, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure glad my sis found me some because when I went to the store this am there was still NONE! I did everything else on my list though so hopefully I won't need to go anywhere for the next week or so. You stay well and safe also!

      Delete
  10. I'm going to have to hunt for t.p. soon too. Glad you're getting some reading and watching TV shows in. Me too but I'm still working from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I got laid off. I mean, it was the right decision to close the store, but boy, this isn't fun. Lockdown isn't the same vacation, even a staycation. Glad you can work from home!

      Delete
  11. 2 days ago I thought I felt feverish. I was sweating. Why was I sweating? But it was just me being warm as the weather heated up a tad. I think we're all a bit paranoid right now. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I know exactly how you felt. Paranoid is a good word.

      You stay well, too!

      Delete
  12. Love your dog! It is so weird, what's going on and the future is so uncertain. Good luck using cat liter, I'm sure it's pretty rough on one's bottom and the plumbing (just kidding, hoping you find some TP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! And my sister found me tp so I'm good!

      Bruno is a fabulous dog, doesn't know everything yet, but he's getting there :)

      Delete
  13. Your dog has the sweetest eyes. It's hard not to panic. I've been really using fitness as an outline, doing a morning yoga class and an evening workout when I get home from my job. It's deemed essential. At least it's only three days a week for me. I do have cat liter for now, and our grocery stores rationed TP so I can a good stock on that too. I think that's what's important, communities pulling together to make sound decisions for all. Sending you thoughts for peace and health during this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone says that about Bruno. He does have and awful sweet face. Glad your kitty(s) are all set ;)

      Delete
  14. Glad your sister is keeping you supplied with the essential that so many greedy people hoarded in the beginning. We're ok for now, but in a few weeks, we'll have to hunt for it. Your dog must bring you comfort. And here in PA everything is blooming so I sneeze a lot, and have to clear my throat constantly. Hang in there. Spring will come to Maine eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to have Bruno; he's a good boy! Spring is here and things are starting to come up though no flowers yet. Hopefully I'll see some hyacinth soon. Sorry about your allergies!

      Delete
  15. I am having similar moments. Does my head hurt? Oh no, I'm sniffing. Then I have to get busy doing something, anything! Stay well, Marcy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the expression on Bruno's face!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, best wishes. I've had low grade anxiety that has been helped with gardening and animals. So yeah, Bruno helps. :) Stay safe, sane, sheltered, and supplied (the best you can).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you're basically well. I also feel reasonably safe, and grateful, in rural Vermont. Spring is coming, too. Nobody cancelled the geese returning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute pup. Have you tried Dollar General? I live in a rural area and both DG and Aldi have been good about restocking crapper paper.

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.