Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Sunday Pics


In order, Yellow-throated warbler, Cedar waxing, male Ring-necked pheasant strutting his stuff, and a Pileated woodpecker, all courtesy of my son, the birder.

Read two more books: The Girl Beneath the Sea by Andrew Mayne (thriller) and Circe by Madeline Miller. If you like re-tellings of myths, I recommend Circe.

And we got a fun April snowstorm that knocked out our power from Thursday night to Saturday midday. The Weather changed from this
To this
in a matter of ten minutes or so and by the next day we had 6-7 inches of snow on the ground and a cold house.

What’s worse than a pandemic quarantine? A pandemic quarantine with no power!
I was cold and miserable and never so happy to have a shower. Thankfully, that nightmare is over though there’s still snow on the ground and I’m not very impressed with that.

Finally, it’s Easter for many people, and while I don’t celebrate, my sister made me this felt egg in a nest, representing rebirth, which I thought was you know what adorable.

Under different circumstances, my mom would’ve brought me some goodies and an Easter card. When we were kids, it was a whole basket and candy hidden all over the house. Not that any of that has anything to do with the true meaning of Easter and honestly, how a rabbit became part of the holiday I have no clue. Regardless, the point was, I miss my mom, and I’m sorry she can't go to church because for her, Good Friday and Easter are the most important Christian holidays. I’ll be glad when this is over and I can give her a hug again!


I hope everyone is staying well and staying safe.


 



22 comments:

  1. Love those bird photos! And I loved the book "Circe" too? Have you read her first novel "The Song of Achilles"? It's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a lot of snow!
    Sorry your mother can't go to church. We just watched our Easter service online, so hopefully she has that option as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much!
      I doubt my mom would watch on tv (and forget the internet lol), for her it's also about the community

      Delete
  3. The snow here is gone but our power was out last night. We drove around to see how far and we enjoyed that little ride. Very cool on your finishing two books. Here's to lots more fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'' be glad when ours melts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge thanks to you (and the family birder and photographer).
    That is a long time to be without power - particularly in the cold.
    I suspect that shower felt very good.
    Stay well, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could've been colder...High winds expected tonight, hoping we don't have a repeat.

      Delete
  6. I like to think that next year we'll appreciate the spring so much more. I love the felted egg. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be glad when it truly arrives and I can get out and do some gardening.

      Delete
  7. We have a woodpecker who loves to peck my air conditioning unit, it's quite annoying :) We also have three turtle doves who always follow us no matter where we go or move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankfully the birds have plenty of real wood to peck here!

      Delete
  8. Your son truly gets amazing bird shots! The pheasant's my favorite but all four are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's been at it a while. All my good bird pics are his, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! I miss the snow.

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a cute egg, for sure. I'm sorry about the power outage. What rotten timing. The bird images are amazing. Cedar waxwings always look surreal to me with their telltale waxy appearance. Hope you get to hug your mom soon! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love my little nest and egg :) and powers back so it's all good here now.

      Delete
  12. Wow! We only lost power for four hours that Friday night, and we had no snow, just high winds. You lost power for almost two days! You must have been freezing. Glad your power came back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your header photo is so wonderful !
    Power outage, rain and snow it will be 104 here in Tucson today.
    Oh My Goodness. your bird photos are wonderful
    Stay safe
    parsnip

    ReplyDelete

If you're interested in my blog I'm interested in your comments.